Studio Lab SONORUM
Founder, Audio director, Sound designer, Mixer, VR and AR audio development
* Sound recording, sound design, editing and mixing for a wide variety of production types and formats.
* Field and studio recording. Original and innovative concepts. Audio design for interactivity . Audio pipeline optimization
* Leadership. Project management. Quality control. Coaching.
Ubisoft Montréal 2010-2013
Audio Artist_Senior sound designer and supervisor
- Sound design for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed 3 et Far Cry 3.
- Sound design and mixing for multiple formats, integration, in-game mixing with Wwise.
- Studio recording for voice, foley and sfx.
- Exterior, multitrack field recordings, stereo and surround formats for sfx and ambiances.
* Sound design and mixing of sfx for in-game needs. Mono, stereo, quad and surround 5.1 asset mastering.
* Supervision of foley recording sessions, sfx editing and mixing from internal and external services.
* Management of the complete production pipeline scripted elements and cinematics for FarCry3 : a tight collaboration with the narrative and animation teams.
* Special multitrack sound effects recording from musical instruments like the didjeridoo and modern flute techniques.
Banff Center for the Arts - Audio Engineering – Associateship 2008
Freelance music recording and producing 2008-2010
- Live and studio music recording.
- Stereo and surround mixing for classical, jazz, and contemporary music.
- Recording and producing indy projects including concert video shooting.
* Assistant to Martin Léveillé for the recording of the Montreal Symphony Orchestra for Warner Music / Acacia Classics: Michael Daugherty’s Fire and Blood. Alexandre DaCosta, violin.
* Producing a DVD-A for Stravinsky’s Soldier’s Tale.
* Choir music concert DVD production : BACH_BWV245 St-John’s passion for Church St-John The Evangelist. Garth MacPhee, musical director.
UQAM – University of Quebec in Montreal – Medias School 2001-2008
Audio coordinator and teacher assistant
- Assisting audio professors and instructors for workshops and production. Coaching and supporting students in film, tv, radio (journalism) and multimedia studies.
- Managing equipment resources and location logistics for audio courses involving about 250 students per semester.
- Teaching and coaching at individual level, small and larger groups.
- Managing the achievement of one 6.1 surround control room and studio with a budget of about 120 000$ for the Interactive Medias program;
- Managing the achievement of one 5.1 surround editing/mixing room with a budget of about 100 000$ for the film program;
- Managing the achievement of nine identical small audio editing room (ProTools LE- MBOX) and the appropriate classroom;
- Managing the achievement of the audio aspects of an AV lab furnished with 17 identical workstation for audio and video teaching and producing;
- Managing the purchasing and logistics for a new stock of 45 portable recording kits. A budget of about 150 000$.
UQAM – Université du Québec à Montréal – Media school 2005-2008
Instructor for EDM4122 et EDM4151 : Postproduction sonore des films de fin d’étude
- Created two sound postproduction courses for the new cinema program - 2006
- Lectures and workshops on all aspects of sound for films.
- Supervision and final mix for more than sixty films and professors’ projects.
- Documentaries and drama productions.
- Implementation of D.E.S.S. in Film Music (Diplôme d'études supérieures spécialisées – a one year master degree)